Maps+ is a new and free application developed by IZE and recently released in the App Store for iPhone and iPad. This is not their first application designed for the iOS, OpenMaps is still available from the App Store, although it does not use Google Maps. Now they have developed a map application that does use Google Maps and it does offer the user some useful features.
When you launch the application it is possible to customize the buttons that overlay the map. Further, Maps+ offers a location-based alarm on the map – now you set your alarm to remind you to get off at a train station!
Maps+ also offers Twitter integration, which could prove interesting – using Twitter’s geolocation support you can now see all your friends and people you follow on a map, see who replied to you and from where, and you can even report a spammer’s location from within the application.
Maps+ is free for download, but it does have its limitations:
- Labels are limited to 1.
- Pin bookmarks are limited to 3.
- Route bookmarks are limited to 1.
- Route transit points are limited to 2.
- Track bookmarks are limited to 1.
- Track recording is limited to 2 kilometers.
- Alarm bookmarks are limited to 1.
- Importing bookmarks from GPX is disabled.
- Logging in to Twitter is disabled.
If you want to enable the Twitter feature or to unlock these limitations, there is an in-application purchase for a professional version at $3.