According to ‘Propellerhead Software‘, ‘Rebirth’ is now available for the iPad. This legendary Techno Micro Composer is now available for both the iPhone and the iPad. If you like techno music, or you like mixing, this application is for you, and it will make you run the iDevice’s battery flat.
‘Rebirth’ faithfully emulates dance music’s three backbone devices: The Roland TB-303 Bass synthesizer, and the Roland TR-808 and 909 drum machines. It was originally released in 1997 as the first music software to reproduce the sound and behaviour of the famous trio of Roland devices (mentioned above) that defined the early sound of techno and acid house music.
The reborn application (according to their web-site) now features:
- TR-808 Drum machine – Roland’s first 1980’s drum beat computer. Instant hip-hop.
- TR-909 Drum machine – the rhythm composer which is the standard techno and house beat-box.
- Tempo-synced digital delay – bouncy, hypnotic, and always in time with your music.
- Compressor with threshold and ratio – a bare-bones compression unit for added beefiness.
- Distortion unit with amount and shape – raw and rugged distortion for that extra edge. Works wonders with any 303 bass line.
- PCF effect – pattern controlled Low-pass / Band-pass filter – a tweaker’s delight.
- Mixer – device-specific mixer sections with pan, delay sends and FX switches.
- Mod support – includes 5 original user mods with alternative sound sets and graphics.
- Sharing – features ‘Share’ function with easy publication of songs to Facebook, Twitter and other social networks.
Just download the application from the App Store for $15, and your holiday has already begun. It is for those of you who love the sound of music and want to play with it. It is time to turn loose your creativity.