Only a matter of days after firmware 3.1 was released and already there is a working jailbreak out. The only downside to this newly released rendition of the exploit is that it only works on the iPhone 2G/3G or even the iPod Touch 1G. This means that anyone who has a new iPhone 3GS, you are still out of luck! But hopefully it won’t be too long of a wait to have all devices that run 3.1 jailbroken!
- 1. GOLDEN RULE: If you are using a 3G iPhone with ultrasn0w and rely on ultrasn0w to obtain cellular service, then you should only upgrade to 3.1 with a PwnageTool created .ipsw. – Stay away from Apple’s direct updates as described here and here please get up to speed on the whole subject by reading the information contained in these posts.
- 2. If you have an original iPhone (1st generation) then 3.1 unlock works with this PwnageTool release. iPhone 3G users upgrading to 3.1 will need to continue using ultrasn0w with a PwnageTool created 3.1 .ipsw
- 3. Please read all parts of this post before downloading and using these tools.
- 4. Read items 1, 2 and 3 again and again.
- 5. At the bottom of this post are the bittorrent files for the 3.1 capable version of PwnageTool.
- 6. This app is suitable for the recent 3.1 release.
- 7. This version of PwnageTool will NOT work for the iPhone 3GS.
- 8. PwnageTool WILL work for Original iPhone (1st Generation), Original iPod touch (1st Generation) and the iPhone 3G.