Let’s start off by saying the obvious, DO NOT upgrade to the new firmware if you are EVER wanting to jailbreak your device again.
Now that’s out of the way, we all know at some point the Dev-Team is going to crack this case just as well as all the ones before it but no one can tell when that will be. You should definitely not upgrade if you do not have your Below is a list of the few new features of the iPhone as well as a few minor fixes that Apple hasn’t cared to talk about.
Genius Recommendations for Apps
Get recommendations for apps you might like based on apps you’ve already downloaded.
Have iTunes create up to 12 playlists based on what’s already in your library. You don’t even have to choose a sample song.
Download Ringtones Wirelessly
Choose from thousands of iPhone ringtones on the iTunes Store and buy them with a tap.
Organize Apps in iTunes
Use iTunes on your computer to drag apps onto virtual Home screens, then sync them to your iPhone.* Improved syncing for music, movies, TV shows, podcasts, and photos
Other Minor Fixes
- iTunes U content organization
- Redeem iTunes Gift Cards, codes, and certificates in the App Store
- Display available iTunes account credits in the App Store and iTunes Store
- Save video from Mail and MMS into Camera Roll
- Option to “Save as new clip” when trimming a video on iPhone 3GS
- Better iPhone 3G Wi-Fi performance when Bluetooth is turned on
- Remotely lock iPhone with a passcode via MobileMe
- Use Voice Control on iPhone 3GS with Bluetooth headsets
- Paste phone numbers into the keypad
- Option to use Home button to turn on accessibility features on iPhone 3GS
- Warn when visiting fraudulent websites in Safari (anti-phishing)
- Improved Exchange calendar syncing and invitation handling
- Fixes issue that cause some app icons to display incorrectly