As a longly awaited feature of the iPhone 3.0 OS, a fully functional turn-by-turn app just came out. It’s called “MobileNavigator“. It offers turn-by-turn directions from a rather cool-sounding lady. The world-reputed German company promises an update with more features like multiple destination planning, addition POIs to the iPhone’s AddressBook, additional views, etc.
For now, the app has the following features:
- Reality View Pro displays photo-realistic 3D views with actual road signs and lane guidance for virtually every highway interchange and exit drivers will encounter.
- Lane Assistant Pro helps drivers prepare to make an upcoming exit or turn by providing a lane map complete with arrows and actual road geometry.
- Speed Assistant with adjustable audio-visual warning.
- Day & Night Mode for map display.
- Direct Access allows navigation to contacts saved in the iPhone’s address book.
- Branded POIs and POIs along the route
- 2D and 3D map view.
- Automatic switch between portrait and landscape format.
- Intelligent address entry.
- Real signpost display.