Ultrasn0w reigns down to cool off the Hot. In response to the recent release of purplesn0w (and the attack by Geohot), the Dev-Team has released an update to ultrasn0w. They state that the update will solve all small issues that have been found in earlier releases. Here is the new claim to fame for the updated version:
- Works on both 3G and 3GS
- Works on hacktivated devices
- Works regardless of how you jailbroke your device
- Doesn’t patch any mach-o binary whatsoever. (Doesn’t require a separate patch as each new firmware comes out).
- Doesn’t install any additional daemon
- Has no race conditions, no popups about “Missing SIM”, no network issues
- Is almost 7000 times smaller than its nearest competition
- Is available now via Cydia. Source repo is http://repo666.ultrasn0w.com (that last “0” in ultrasn0w is a zero!)
The Dev-Team stated that they took the source that Geohot had released with his version of purplesn0w and broke it down. After they broke it down they really “broke” it down. The Dev-Team spent the majority of the blog on the update bashing Geohot on how he manipulated the system, as well as pointing out what he called issues in ultrasn0w that actually didn’t exist. It seems that the rivalry since the split is going on strong and probably will for quite sometime. To check out the full post head on over to the Dev-Team‘s blog and check it out.