Purplera1n released by GeoHot, a little ahead of the Dev Team, is making its rounds on the net. The bug issue with the Windows Vista operating system has been resolved and now it seems like the typical software to jailbreak iPhone 3GS OS 3.0.
How To Jailbreak Your iPhone 3GS Using Purplera1n:
2. Launch Purplera1n
3. Click The ‘Make It ra1n’ Button
4. Your iPhone 3GS will be in the recovery mode. This might take a while.
5. Purplera1n will run and then it will reboot your iPhone
6. After your iPhone has rebooted, navigate to the springboard and press ‘Freeze’ to continue.
7. Next, Press Install Cydia.
8. After the installation, reboot your iPhone again.
9. After the reboot you can run Cydia from your Springboard and install the necessary applications.