Ultrasn0w was set to come out last Friday but it was pushed back until today. Now the Dev-Team has finally released it in all its glory so those who are on foreign carriers can use the 3.0 software as well.
Here is how to install ultrasn0w:
- Ensure you have upgraded to iPhone OS 3.0
- Jailbreak your iPhone 3G using redsn0w or PwnageTool (this will also install Cydia/Icy)
- Run Cydia or Icy
- Please add the repo repo666.ultrasn0w.com to Cydia or Icy. That last “o” is actually the number zero “0”! If you use the letter “o” you’ll get an error.
- Search for ‘ultrasn0w’ in cydia or icy and install ultrasn0w
- Reboot your iPhone 3G
- T-Mobile USA users should disable 3G before using ultrasn0w
Now remember as of this time only the iPhone 2G can be unlocked with redsn0w, and the iPhone 3G can be unlocked with ultrasn0w. The iPhone 3GS has yet to be unlocked or jailbroken. We all hope the Dev-Team provides us with a jailbreak and unlock as soon as possible for the iPhone 3GS!