*Please note: There are bound to be bugs and glitches as this is just a beta version.You may have to reinsert your SIM card and wait a minute. You also might have to reboot your iPhone 3G again. It may not even work because this is the first day of the release. First time on the first day of the new year, 2009. Sometimes your service will go on and off but it shouldn’t be too much of an inconvenience. Report any problems, bugs, and/or errors to the iPhone-Dev team at email@example.com. Happy unlocking!
*Your iPhone 3G must have or meet the following requirements before you start:
- Jailbroken with Installer (Refer to this guide for the Mac and this guide for the PC if you need help)
- 2.2 firmware
- 0.2.28.00 modem firmware/baseband [comes with 2.2 firmware]
If you’re not sure, go into Settings>General>About and scroll down to check. It should look like the screenshot below:
2. Go to the Sources tab and add the custom source: http://i.yellowsn0w.com/
4. Go to the Categories tab and scroll down to System.
5. Find the package named yellowsn0w and tap on it.
6. Press Install.
7. When the download is done, there should be a pop-up stating “Please reboot your iPhone now.” You must reboot for the software unlock to work.
8. After your iPhone 3G boots back up, your iPhone should be jailbroken. Congratulations!