This guide is for those who have an iPhone 3G/ iPhone and contract with their carrier and just want to jailbreak and get SSH access etc or the iPhone users who want to unlock their phones.
Bootloader Files (only required for unlocking iPhone)
NOTE: This tutorial will currently not work with the new Uni-body Macbook (s) as they do not detect iPhone in DFU mode.
Now, let’s get started!
1. Download all the files listed above.
2. Make sure the phone is connected via USB and open PwnageTool you downloaded in the beginning.
3. Select the expert mode from the top bar. Then, select your device (iPhone/ iPod Touch/ iPhone 3G) and click the next arrow at bottom.
4. Then, it will scan your Mac’s HDD for valid Firmware files, select the one you downloaded in first step. Click next button.
5. Select General option from all the options and click next button.
6. Now, we have 3 conditions:
- Firstly, if you are an iPhone 3G user and have a contract, leave the checkbox before Activate Phone empty.
- Next, if you are an iPhone or iPhone 3G user who doesn’t have a contract with carrier, select the checkbox before Activate Phone.
7. Now, if you are an iPhone 3G user, just click next on all options but, if you are an iPhone user who wants to unlock it, select the boxes as shown in image below.
8. It will ask you if you want to use custom bootlogos, to select your own, click browse below the options but if you are happy with the defaults, deselect the checkboxes in front of Boot Logo and Restore Logo.
9. After you have completed the choices, select build and click next button.
10. Now, it will ask you for a destination to save your Custom Firmware file, choose it and click OK.
11. Let PwnageTool make a custom firmware for you.
12. Now, it will ask for your Mac’s Password, type it and click OK.
13. Now, it will ask if this phone has been Pwned befor, select YES or NO.
14. Make sure your device is connected. Now it will ask you to turn off your device, do it and then follow the onscreen steps for your phone to enter into DFU mode.
16. Pwnage will now show that the phone has successfully entered DFU mode.
16. Once, the phone is in DFU, iTunes will display a warning, just click OK.
17. Select your iPhone in sidebar.
18. Hold the option button on the keyboard and click on restore, a browsing selection will pop-up.
19. Find the custom Firmware file you created with Pwnage Tool, select it and then click open. iTunes will now restore the phone.
NOTE: Restore process may take 10-15 minutes.
20. After that the phone will reboot and you will have Cydia and installer on home screen.
Have Fun with your newly Jailbroken iPhone
All credits go to DevTeam for the jailbreak technique.