Halloween is almost upon us and why not use our trusty iPhone to help us gather treats, and maybe a few tricks… There are many applications that can be used for different means at little to no cost and here are just a few of the best ones we have found and what you might utilize them for.
- YPmobile (Free): Plan your trick-or-treating route from start to finish and send invites to friends with YPmobile from YELLOWPAGES.COM. Map your route, search for nearby haunted houses and public restrooms (for the always needed bathroom break), and even let your friends know who and, most importantly, WHERE the best treats in the neighborhood are being doled out.
- Flashlight (Free): Stay safe while roaming the dark streets with the John Haney Software Flashlight application. Flashlight fills your screen with bright white, red, green, or blue light to illuminate your walk.
- WeatherBug (Free): Check live weather camera feeds, get detailed forecasts and severe weather alerts, and keep an eye on current local radar to know “weather or not” you should pack a parka or an umbrella.
- Photobucket for iPhone (Free): Upload and share photos directly from your iPhone while you’re walking your favorite candy route or after you’re back at the ranch. Upload images from your camera roll to Photobucket and then share via email, IM, MySpace and other leading social networking sites.
- Halloween Sound Machine ($1.99): Create a hand-held haunted house with 20 high quality stereo sound effects including creaking door, ghost boo, chainsaw, shocking, walking hall sound, door slam, black cat and more. The sounds even play while talking on the iPhone.